"Doodle: easy scheduling" is now available for the iPhone and iPod touch: Find the right date and time for a group of people to meet and enjoy Doodle’s virtually effortless scheduling the iOS way!.
The world’s leading online scheduling service, Doodle takes the pain out of finding the right date and time for a group of people to meet and makes scheduling virtually effortless. The basic service is available for free on www.doodle.com with neither registration nor software installation required.
This is an iPhone and iPad optimized front end for the powerful Doodle web interface where anyone (with any mobile device or desktop computer) can participate in schedules and polls.
"Doodle: easy scheduling" (iOS) supports all essential features known from the web version:
- Easily participate in any poll by tapping on its participation link anywhere on your iPhone or iPad (e.g. in Mail)
- Initiate and track meeting requests from your iPhoneor iPad, wherever you are
- Invite participants using your iPhone or iPad address book
- Optimized result view suggesting the best option for your meeting
- Communicate with participants using the comments feature
- Quick participation with the “All Options” or “None of the Options” button
- Easy access and overview from your dashboard
- Connect your MyDoodle account to stay in sync with your web dashboard
- Q: How can I sign in with an e-mail address that contains a "+"?
- A: There's a bug in version 2.0 that prevents sign in when you have certain special characters in your login oder password. This bug will be fixed in the upcoming versoin 2.0.1. In the meantime please use the following procedure:
- Go to "Settings"
- Tap "Sign in"
- Tap "Sign in using other account" in the upper right corner
- Enter your credentials
- Tap "Grant access"
- Q: Where can I delete a Doodle calendar feed in my iPhone calendar?
- A: Manage your calendar feeds in the iPhone settings: "Settings" - "Mail, Contacts, Calendar"
- Q: When I tap ("click") on a doodle poll link (http://doodle.com/xyzabc123) on my iPhone (e.g. within the mail program), the application is not launched. Why?
- A: You are missing a cookie in Mobile Safari which will take care of this. To correct this in Doodle for iPhone, go to "Settings" and choose "Doodle links" and tap on the button named "Activate". Please be aware that this cookie is lost if you clean all cookies in the Safari settings (in that case, reactivate it again).
- Q: Help! The app says I need to authenticate my MyDoodle account. But it doesn't open the browser, it continuously asks me to authenticate, no matter what option I choose. I'm stuck in an endless loop and the app is not usable any more!
- A: Please ensure the following settings on your device:
- Device settings: time is set precisely
- Safari settings: "Accept cookies" is not set to "Never"
- Safari settings: "Private Browsing" is set to OFF
- Q: What is the iOS app "Doodle: easy scheduling"?
- A: "Doodle: easy scheduling" is the official Doodle iOS App for iPhone and iPad. It is co-branded between Doodle AG and Neoos GmbH.
- Q: Why does the login take place via the web browser in versions prior to 2.0 or when using another authentication service such as Gmail? Why do I have to re-login into MyDoodle from time to time? Can't the iPhone app save my login credentials once and for all?
- A: For security purposes, authentication and authorization of the app (and the user) are implemented by using OAuth. Thus, the user's access credentials aren't stored on the device, which is a great plus for the user's security. The lifetime of a 'login' is currently set to a period of 3 months, meaning that users have to log in once every third month on average. We are working on increasing this lifetime, please stay tuned.
- Q: Why is there no integration with the iPhone Calendar application?
- A: There is! Please upgrade to a 2.x version of Doodle: easy scheduling.
- Q: I don't see a poll I recently used (on my desktop computer) in my iPhone app dashboard, even though I'm a MyDoodle user.
- A: Polls are only related to your MyDoodle account if you create them whilst logged into your account (on the web).
- French localization
- Sign in procedure: Gmail accounts are now working
- Sign in procedure: Special characters are now handled correctly
- Sign in procedure: The "endless loop" bug has been fixed
- Deleting old options in list-view (swipe) is now working
- iPad support (universal binary)
- Simplified login procedure
- Calendar integration
- Participation in list and matrix view
- Overhauled poll creation wizard
- Support for all admin functions
- Support for poll-admin-links
- Dashboard sorting options
- Overhauled user interface
- Poll participation on behalf of others
- Deleting of comments
- Support for all extra fields
- Support for all display orientations
- Optimized data transfer
- Rebranding "Doodle: easy scheduling"
- E-Mail address is now taken from MyDoodle settings
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the app to crash when entering landscape mode (results matrix)
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a wrong display when entering landscape mode (results matrix)
- Fixed a bug in the communication with the backend
- Dashboard: New icons for open/closed poll and corresponding title color
- Titlebar multiline (display the complete poll title where possible)
- Poll results summary in results overview
- Full support for multiple final options
- Secure API communication (SSL)
- Show favorite option in the header of the landscape-view in yellow
- The e-mail invite and final option(s) announcement texts have been unified
- Fixed multitasking capability of "Load poll from link in pasteboard" button
- Fixed a bug in the "Load poll from link in pasteboard" button that could have resulted in a crash
- Fixed a bug that resulted in a wrong +1 display even when the end time was after the begin time of a schedule poll option
- Support for Retina Display (iPhone 4, iPod touch)
- Multitasking Support
- Poll results: Table display! (Rotate your device in the results view)
- Dashboard: Only the 8 newest polls are shown
- Dashboard: Remove polls
- Settings: Support for email notifications
- Settings: Activate support for Doodle links
- Poll Creation: Time zone support is activated by default
- Fixed a bug related to Doodle calendar feed subscription
- Translations: Spanish
- Complete multiline support for long texts
- Add your MyDoodle calendar to your iPhone calendar
- Translations: Italian, French, Dutch
- Full Time Zone support
- MyDoodle Dashboard: support for long title display
- load poll directly from clipboard
- unknown participation options are displayed with a "?"
- Initiator name is displayed in invitation e-mail template
- "Ends" time slot is prefilled with +1 hour
- Tab Order of "Comments" and "Details" / "Administrate" has been changed
- Fixed a bug related to creator E-mail
- A Time Zone related bug has been fixed
- A 12/24 hours bug has been fixed
- Native Doodle on the iPhone / iPod touch!